Located just 60 miles southwest of Seattle, Olympia is the capital city of Washington and is home to over 55,000 people. Olympia is a great option for people who want to be close to Seattle but out of the hustle and bustle of the city. Olympia is known for its large state government presence, amazing nature, and incredible art scene.
If you are thinking about buying a home in Olympia, then you will want to make sure the property does not have any structural issues or other major problems. The best way to ensure that your home is safe is to hire Olympia home inspectors. Olympia, Washington, home inspectors will thoroughly search the house for any issues that you may not be able to see yourself. Check out this guide to the best home inspectors in Olympia as well as what to look out for during the hiring process.
How to Find a Home Inspector in Olympia – Tips & What to Look for
Before you start browsing through Washington home inspection companies, you need to know what to look out for. Home inspection rules and regulations are different from state to state, so it is important to understand the qualifications that home inspectors in Olympia are required to meet.
These are a few things you’ll want to look out for when choosing Washington licensed home inspectors:
- Licensed, insured, and certified: Home inspectors in Washington are required to complete 120 hours of approved classroom home inspection training, complete 40 hours of field training with an experienced home inspector, and take and pass the National Exam Home Inspectors Exam. Once these qualifications are met, the company must apply for their home inspector’s license. Home inspectors are also required to renew their licenses every two years. In the state of Washington, home inspectors are not required to carry insurance. However, many local real estate boards and home inspector business franchises require their affiliate members to reach certain coverage standards.
- Trade organization membership: When choosing Olympia home inspectors, you will want to find out if they are a member of organizations such as ASHI or InterNACHI. If a home inspection company is a part of these organizations, then they have met the high standards that are required of them.
- Experience: Before hiring Olympia, Washington home inspectors, you will want to determine how many years they have been in business. If a company has had years of experience, then they have likely seen a wide variety of issues and home conditions. They might be able to spot problems better than a company that is new to the industry.
- Advanced training or additional certification: If you are purchasing an older home or a home with unique features, then you may want to find a company with advanced training or additional certification. You should look for features such as a home engineer’s license, chimney inspector certifications, and pest control services.
- What is included in the inspection: The best Olympia home inspectors can provide services such as thermal imaging to find hidden leaks and drones to check the condition of your roof. These services may be included or come at an additional cost.
- Sample report: Make sure to ask for a sample report from each inspector. A good inspector will have long and detailed reports for you to view. You can compare the sample reports to find the best company for your needs.
- Good reviews: One of the best ways to find a great Olympia, Washington home inspection service is to check reviews on Yelp and Google. People are brutally honest online, so this will give you a good idea of how good or bad a company’s customer service is.
What does a home inspection cover, and what does a home inspector do? During Olympia home inspections, you can expect a visual examination of the property from top to bottom. Your inspector will evaluate features such as the roof, foundation, drainage, plumbing, heating system, central air-conditioning system, visible insulation, walls, windows, and doors.
What do home inspectors look for? Olympia home inspectors will search for things such as damage to the roof, leaking HVAC systems, foundation cracks, plumbing problems, and structural issues in both the interior and exterior walls. After the inspection, you will receive a report on the findings.
Boggs Inspection | Experienced Olympia Home Inspectors
- Address: 975 Carpenter Rd SE Suite 101-G, Lacey, WA 98516
- Phone number: Call Heather Derrick at (360) 480-9602 or [email protected]
- Inspection cost: Get a quote online
When it comes to Olympia home inspections, Boggs Inspection does it best. All of the Washington licensed home inspectors at Boggs are ASHI and InterNACHI members, mold sampling technicians, licensed termite inspectors, and certified residential thermographers. Boggs serves both residential and commercial properties.
Over their many years as an Olympia home inspection service, Boggs has completed over 13,100 inspections. Boggs offers pest inspections, infrared scans, luxury home inspections, new construction inspections, maintenance checkups, and more.
CCS Inspection Services | Reliable Family-Owned Olympia Home Inspection Company
- Address: 4607 Springfield Ln SE, Lacey, WA 98503
- Phone number: (360) 402-4798
- Inspection cost: Contact for pricing
CCS stands for Connor, Chelsea, and Steven. CCS Inspection is run by husband and wife team Steven and Chelsea, who have an adorable baby named Connor. This family-owned home inspection company provides home inspections, pest inspections, pre-list inspections, home buyer inspections, home maintenance inspections, and mobile home inspections.
CCS holds many certifications, including termite inspection certification, pet-friendly inspection certification, and moisture intrusion inspection certification. You can view their detailed sample reports online.
SGA Inspection Inc | Residential and Commercial Olympia Home Inspections
- Address: 4405 7th Ave SE STE 300, Lacey, WA 98503
- Phone number: (360) 485-7123
- Inspection cost: Contact for pricing
SGA Inspection Inc. has been in business for over 40 years and offers both residential and commercial inspections. This Washington home inspection company is run by Trevor Rice and Steven Abbott, who both have experience in real estate, home maintenance, carpentry, and construction. Between the two of them, you will be in great hands.
SGA Inspection offers residential home inspections, commercial building inspections, well pump inspections, sewer line inspections, structural pest inspections, and water quality sample testing. The key areas that SGA will cover during a home inspection include structure, interior, exterior, electrical, and plumbing.
Inspections West | Trustworthy Olympia Home Inspectors With Pest Services
- Address: P.O. Box 5428 Lacey, WA 98509
- Phone number: (360) 485-3365
- Inspection cost: Contact for pricing
Inspections West is led by Danny Baker and Trey Brisley. Danny has decades of construction experience and was a licensed contractor prior to becoming a full-time home inspector in 2013. Inspections West has completed over 1,300 home inspections and prides themselves in providing a 24 hour report turnaround time. Inspections West is also a certified pest inspection company, so adding these services to your inspection is an option.
Inspections West has hundreds of 5-star Google reviews, speaking to their high levels of customer service and professionalism.
Pillar to Post Home Inspectors | North America’s Largest Home Inspection Company With Location in Central Olympia
- Address: 1001 Cooper Point Rd SW Suite 140 #326, Olympia, WA 98502
- Phone number: (360) 753-5025
- Inspection cost: Complete cost breakdown online
North America’s largest home inspection company has an office right here in Olympia! This Franchise 500 company uses all of the latest technology when conducting home inspections. Pillar and Post also provide added services such as radon testing, lead testing, mold testing, septic system inspection, and termite inspection.
All of the home inspectors at Pillar to Post are licensed and also carry professional liability insurance. This protects you and the inspector against any damage or injury that may happen during the home inspection.
View this post on Instagram
Top Rung Home Inspection Services | Certified Full Home and New Construction Olympia Home Inspectors
- Address: 5315 Hawks Prairie Rd NE, Olympia, WA 98516
- Phone number: (360) 556-5157
- Inspection cost: Starting at $400
The inspectors at Top Rung Home Inspection Services have been trained and certified by InterNACHI and are graduates of the InterNACHI School. Top Rung Home Inspection is led by John Selvidge, who worked in the construction industry for over 15 years before becoming a full-time home inspector. Selvidge prides himself in educating his clients by showing them the unique components of their home and providing specific recommendations on maintenance and repairs.
Top Rung Home Inspection offers services such as full home inspection, termite inspection, move-in inspection, roof inspection, moisture inspection, and new construction inspection.
Map of Home Inspectors in Olympia
Olympia Home Inspection FAQs
Who pays for a home inspection in Olympia?
It is typically the responsibility of the home buyer to pay for a home inspection in Olympia. It is considered to be a part of the home buying process, unless the seller wants to cover it as part of the closing deal.
How much does a home inspection cost in Olympia?
The average cost of a home inspection in Olympia ranges between $368 and $447. Prices may differ based on the age of the property, size of the property, and services requested.
What does an Olympia home inspector look for?
An Olympia home inspector will look for problems in the roof, structure, flooring, windows, doors, drywall, HVAC system, electrical system, plumbing system, and foundation.
If you are ready to buy a home in Olympia, Washington, then let our experienced team help you. All Ready Moving has a team of reliable and professional Olympia movers to handle all of your relocation needs. Give us a call today at 360-507-2447 to discuss your move and receive a free quote.