Last Updated on: 7th August 2023, 05:55 am
Situated on the banks of Puget Sound, Tacoma is a beautiful city in Washington, just 33 miles south of Seattle. With a population of 219,205, Tacoma is a great option for those who want to be close to Seattle but still enjoy smaller-city living.
If you are thinking about purchasing a home in Tacoma, then you need to make sure your property does not have any major issues. To make sure your home is structurally safe and sound, you will want to search for home inspectors in Tacoma. Tacoma home inspectors will ensure that your home is thoroughly searched for any issues that you may not be able to locate yourself. This is what you need to know about the best Tacoma, Washington home inspectors, as well as what to look out for when choosing one to service your home.
How to Find a Home Inspector in Tacoma – Tips & What to Look For
Before you search for Tacoma, Washington home inspectors, you need to know what to look for during the hiring process. The requirements for home inspection companies are different in every state, so it is essential to make sure your company meets the state’s rules and regulations.
This is what you should look out for when looking for Tacoma, Washington licensed home inspectors.
- Licensed, insured, and certified: In the state of Washington, home inspectors are not required to carry insurance. However, there are still many qualifications they must meet. Washington home inspectors are required to complete 120 hours of approved classroom home inspection training and 40 hours of field training with an experienced home inspector. They must also pass the National Exam Home Inspectors Exam. Once all of these qualifications are met, they will apply for their home inspector’s license, which needs to be renewed every two years.
- Trade organization member: Check to see if a home inspector is a member of organizations such as ASHI or InterNACHI. These organizations have high standards, so if the company is a part of them, then they are of the highest quality.
- Experience: When looking for Tacoma home inspectors, you should make sure they have the proper experience. How many years has the company been in business? If they have been in business longer, then they have likely seen more issues and therefore know how to handle complex problems.
- Advanced training or additional certification: If you are purchasing a unique or older home, then you might want to find a company with advanced training or additional certification. You can look for qualifications such as chimney inspector certifications and pest control services.
- What does the inspection include?: Some Tacoma home inspection companies come with additional services such as thermal imaging to find hidden leaks or drones to analyze the condition of the roof. These services may either be included in the inspection or come at an additional cost.
- Sample report: Ask each home inspection company for a sample report. A qualified inspector will have reports for you to view. You can compare sample reports from each company to find one that best fits your needs.
- Positive reviews: Make sure you check online reviews on Google and Yelp. This will give you an idea of how good the company’s customer service is.
What do home inspectors look for, and what does a home inspector do? Tacoma home inspectors will evaluate your property from top to bottom. The inspector will look at the condition of the structure, roof, foundation, drainage, plumbing, heating system, air conditioner, visible insulation, walls, windows, and doors.
During the inspection, the company will look for issues that affect the safety of you or your home, such as roof damage, failing or leaking HVAC systems, foundation cracks, structural issues, and plumbing problems. Your Tacoma home inspection company will provide you with a report of their findings after the inspection.
If you are buying a home through a real estate agent, then only use their recommended home inspector if you know them well or trust them. Accepting a referral from your agent may present a conflict of interest. Your agent wants to close the deal, and a report that raises too many issues may be used to negotiate a lower price or cancel the deal altogether. Therefore, a home inspector may go easier on the inspection than usual.
A-Pro Home Inspection | Reliable Tacoma Home Inspector With Decades of Experience
- Address: 2252 North Proctor Street STE 502, Tacoma, WA 98406
- Phone number: (253) 330-5140
- Inspection cost: Contact for pricing
A-Pro Home Inspection has been in business for nearly 30 years and is led by certified home inspector Jon Teabo. Teabo is certified by CHI, PHI, ISHI, InterNachi, and ITI and is fully licensed by the state of Washington.
In addition to regular home inspection services, A-Pro Home Inspections offers sewer scope inspections, pest inspections (included free with every home inspection), drone roof inspections, HUD inspections, lead paint inspections, carbon monoxide testings and inspections, pool and spa inspections, radon inspections, and mold inspections. A-Pro is your one-stop shop for all of your residential and commercial inspection needs!
Olympic Shield | Veteran-Owned Tacoma Home Inspection Company
- Address: 1520 S 54th St, Tacoma, WA 98408
- Phone number: (253) 237-4292
- Inspection cost: $499 for homes up to 3,000 square feet, $599 for homes above 3,000 square feet
Olympic Shield is a reliable team of Tacoma home inspectors led by military veteran Benjamin Brenner. Brenner combines his knowledge of heavy construction as well as the discipline he learned in the military to provide the Tacoma area with exceptional home inspection services.
Olympic Shield offers additional inspection services such as new construction inspections, builder’s warranty inspections, mold inspections, radon testing, and pre-listing/seller’s inspections. After your home inspection, you can expect a detailed report within 24 hours. These reports are available online and include photos and videos to help you fully understand what is going on in your home.
Highland Inspection Services | Award-Winning Tacoma Home Inspector
- Address: 1140 N Cascade Ave, Tacoma, WA 98406
- Phone number: (253) 376-6659
- Inspection cost: Contact for pricing
Founded by Certified Professional Inspector Nathan Wilkins, Highland Inspection Services is one of the best home inspection companies in Tacoma. The team at Highland has over 90 years of experience in home inspection and residential construction, so you can rest assured that they will catch any issues in your future home. Highland Inspection Services was added to the list of ‘Best Home Inspection Companies in Tacoma’ on Expertise.com in both 2021 and 2022.
In addition to their regular residential and commercial services, Highland offers services such as sewer scopes, water testing, foundation certifications, infrared imaging, and new construction inspection.
CCH Inspections | Family-Owned Tacoma Home Inspection Company
- Address: 1024 S MacArthur St, Tacoma, WA 98465
- Phone number: (253) 677-4555
- Inspection cost: Contact for pricing
If you are searching for a small local Tacoma home inspector, then look no further than CCH Inspections. CCH Inspections is led by Chad Haddow, who is a Certified Professional Inspector and is certified by InterNACHI. Chad has worked on every side of the construction process and is, therefore, incredibly knowledgeable about the structure of homes and how they are meant to function.
CCH Inspections focuses solely on residential inspections. The reviews for CCH speak for themselves. This reliable company has over 180 5-star reviews on Google that speak to the professionalism of the company.
View this post on Instagram
Main Inspections | Experienced Tacoma Home Inspectors
- Address: 5920 S Thompson Ave, Tacoma, WA 98408
- Phone number: (253) 279-3525
- Inspection cost: Starting at $400
Main Inspections is a family-owned Tacoma home inspection company led by Matt Main. Matt actively encourages the clients to attend the inspections and be a part of the process from start to finish. Every professional at Main Inspections is fully licensed and insured, making them qualified to handle your inspection.
Main Inspections offers complete home inspections, pre-listing home inspections, annual maintenance inspections, 11-month warranty inspections, foundation certificates, and sewer inspections. You can view a sample report from main inspections on their website.
Professional Home Inspectors | Tacoma, Washington Home Inspection Company With Advanced Technology
- Address: 3575 E Grandview Ave, Tacoma, WA 98404
- Phone number: (253) 304-9032
- Inspection cost: From $325-$600
Professional Home Inspectors is home to some of the best Tacoma, WA licensed home inspectors in the city. This top-rated company provides standard home or condo inspections as well as sewer scope and pre-inspections. Professional Home Inspectors will send you a same-day report after your inspection.
When you schedule with Professional Home Inspectors, you can expect the use of state-of-the-art technology. Professional Home uses helpful tools such as infrared cameras, sewer scope cameras, gas detectors, and electronic tablets.
Map of Home Inspectors in Tacoma
Tacoma Home Inspection FAQs
How much does a home inspection cost in Tacoma?
A general home inspection in Tacoma costs around $100 to $500, depending on the size of the home and the services requested.
What do home inspectors look for in Tacoma?
A home inspector in Tacoma will look for issues in the roof, flooring, HVAC system, electrical system, plumbing system, foundation, and overall structure of the home.
Who pays for the home inspection in Tacoma?
When buying a house, who pays for the inspection? The home buyer typically pays for Tacoma home inspections, unless the seller wants to include it in the closing deal.
Any one of these Tacoma home inspectors would be a great choice for your new home. If you are ready to move to the Tacoma area, then let our experienced Tacoma moving company help you. Give All Ready Moving a call today at 360-507-2447 to discuss your moving needs and request a free quote.